Online Exhibition: The Coldplay Song Generator / Copy This Drive / Sample Chest | NICK BRIZ
The Coldplay Song Generator
Download link: http://www.nickbriz.com/files/ColdplaySongGenerator-v1-1.zip
An application which algorithmically generates new Coldplay tracks based on a set of conventions/formulas the pop band subscribes to.
Copy This Drive
Your browser does not support the video tag.
An installation where I put my personal harddrive on display for anyone to peruse and copy.
Download link: http://nickbriz.com/files/SampleChest.zip
A simple app and creative piracy tool for creating video sample libraries by ripping videos from today’s richest AV cultural repository, YouTube. So long as you agree to the following terms before every use of the artware:
[TERMS + AGREEMENT + PHILOSOPHIES]
- I hereby agree that [conventional] notions of originality are myths + that the cultural products I produce [both in content & concept] are [re]combinations of [pre]existing ideas + that any feelings I may have to the contrary are simply cases of cryptomnesia + that I recognize any future work I produce to be undiscovered public knowledge.
- I understand [historically] that the laws of what we now call intellectual property have been developed by institutions of power who have sought to maintain control over information & culture to further their own agendas + that the invention & development of these laws have had little to do with what we [traditionally] call authorship
- Economically, I understand my ideas [+ any digital manifestation they may take] to be a non-rivalrous good—that is to say, that additional units can be infinitely copied/shared at no cost & that any [re]use can not prevent any prior/existing use—and as such should be shared freely for the moral and mutual instruction of wo/man + that any restrictions on [re]use would impose inefficient & unnatural scarcity.
- Piracy is a refusal to comply with the established forced scarcity agenda. Piracy is a compositional prerogative. Piracy is-not plagiarism nor is it imposterism + attribution is key to this distinction—not in the interest of maintaining [conventional] notions of authorship—in the interest of deep linkage & participatory culture[s].
- I hereby forfeit any intellectual property—imposed on me by any copyright regimes—on any cultural products I may render from the use of this artware + if I choose to share my cultural products I will do so without any restrictions on its [re]use.